The Early Head Start program goal/mission is to help prepare young children for school. Our purpose is to foster the healthy family relationships that provide the foundation for children to learn. Early Head Start is not a child care program. Early Head Start is a home visitation program whose services are provided by a professional in your home. Each week your Early Head Start Home Visitor will meet with you for a 90 minute visit at a time that is convenient for both of you. A (PAC) Parent Child Socialization is offered on a regular basis.
Eligibility is based on the child’s age and household income. All fees are based on a sliding fee scale determined by your income (Head Start Single session and Early Head Start programs are offered at no fee). Our centers accept all childcare subsidies.
Enrollment priorities are as follows:
- Working parent(s) whose income is under 75% of State Median Income and who need full-time childcare (min. 30 hours weekly)
- Families enrolled in a DSS training program and require a minimum of 30 hours of care weekly, during center operating hours
- Families needing full time childcare
- Children referred by DCF
- Your child’s birth certificate
- Social security cards for everyone living in the household
- Four weeks of consecutive pay verification (4 paystubs if paid weekly, 2 paystubs if paid every other week)
- Copy of your child’s last physical, including dates for TB and lead tests.
- Child’s medical insurance card
- Lease or current bill with current address on it
- If applicable:
- Legal Guardianship
- TFA (cash assistance) or food stamp documentation
- Child support documentation
“Early Head Start has been such a great program. I’m extremely happy that I made the choice to sign my children up with this program. It has helped me and my family grow. As well as understand each stage of my child’s life and how to help them grow as a person. When I couldn’t get the help or resources that I needed for my son, Early Head Start helped me find it. My son has improved 10x better once I was in the program and got the help I needed. It’s nice having a program that supports you, not only as a family, but to get the help you need, so that your child can succeed. Thank you Early Head Start.”
It’s like a family. They’re very caring, and they’ll help you out with anything you need. They’re waiting to take very good care of your kids.