TVCCA is committed to protect the privacy of our clients, employees and volunteers. To achieve that, we commit to:
- Respect the privacy of clients and hold in confidence all information obtained in the course of providing service. Therefore, we will not disclose client confidences to anyone, except: (1) as mandated by law; (2) to prevent a clear and immediate danger to a person or persons; (3) where we are defendants in a civil, criminal, or disciplinary action arising from the provided service in which case client confidences may only be disclosed to the limited extent necessary, in the course of defending against the action; (4) if there is a waiver previously obtained in writing, and then such information may only be revealed in accordance with the terms of the waiver. We recognize that confidentiality and privacy requirements apply also to co-workers who have knowledge of personnel file information.
- Be responsible to store and dispose of client and employee records in ways that maintain confidentiality.
- Possess a professional attitude which upholds confidentiality toward clients, co-workers, applicants, volunteers and any sensitive client situations arising within the agency.
- Upon termination, all employees shall maintain client and co-worker confidentiality and shall hold confidential information about sensitive situations within TVCCA, Inc. To the extent this information exists in a tangible form, it may not be removed from TVCCA.
- The above shall survive the termination of employment and volunteer assignment with TVCCA, such that all employees and volunteers shall be bound by them regardless of the reason for separation.