The Early Head Start program goal/mission is to help prepare young children for school. Our purpose is to foster the healthy family relationships that provide the foundation for children to learn. Early Head Start is not a child care program. Early Head Start is a home visitation program whose services are provided by a parent educator in your home. Each week your Early Head Start Home Visitor will meet with you for 90 minutes during a time that is convenient for both of you. A play group is offered on a regular basis.
Eligibility is based on the child’s age, household income, and family needs. Early Head Start programs are offered at no fee.
- Your child’s birth certificate
- Four weeks of consecutive pay verification (4 paystubs if paid weekly, 2 paystubs if paid every other week)
- Copy of your child’s last physical, noting dates for immunizations, TB and lead tests, if applicable.
- Child’s medical insurance card
- If applicable:
- Legal Guardianship
- TANF or SSI documentation
- Child support documentation
- Documentation of IFSP, if applicable
“Early Head Start has been such a great program. I’m extremely happy that I made the choice to sign my children up with this program. It has helped me and my family grow. As well as understand each stage of my child’s life and how to help them grow as a person. When I couldn’t get the help or resources that I needed for my son, Early Head Start helped me find it. My son has improved 10x better once I was in the program and got the help I needed. It’s nice having a program that supports you, not only as a family, but to get the help you need, so that your child can succeed. Thank you Early Head Start.”
It’s like a family. They’re very caring, and they’ll help you out with anything you need. They’re waiting to take very good care of your kids.