SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program)

TVCCA can help you determine if you’re eligible to receive SNAP benefits and provide assistance with completing the application.

Get Help Today

Income Limits

To receive SNAP benefits in Connecticut, household income and other resources have to be under certain limits and are reviewed. For some households, there is also an asset limit.

Effective October 1, 2021, the gross monthly income limits and net monthly income limits are as listed below.


Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)

Effective October 1, 2021 to September 30, 2022


The Gross Income Limits and the Maximum SNAP Benefit Amounts (also called the Thrifty Food Plan) are as follows:



Household Size

Gross Income Limit 185% of the

Federal Poverty Level (FPL)


Maximum SNAP Benefit Amount

1 1,986 250
2 2,686 459
3 3,386 658
4 4,085 835
5 4,785 992
6 5,485 1,190
7 6,185 1,316
8 6,885 1,504
For each additional member +699 +188


IMPORTANT NOTE: For households whose gross income exceeds 185% of the FPL, there will continue to be a Net Income Test and a $3,750 asset limit.

Household Size Net Income Limit

(100 % of FPL)

130% of FPL 165% of FPL
1 1,074 1,396 1,771
2 1,452 1,888 2,396
3 1,830 2,379 3,020
4 2,209 2,871 3,644
5 2,587 3,363 4,268
6 2,965 3,855 4,893
7 3,344 4,347 5,517
8 3,722 4,839 6,141
Each additional member +379 +492 +625


SUA = $783 LUA = $345

Telephone allowance = $29 Maximum Shelter Hardship = $597 Minimum SNAP benefit = $20


Standard Deduction (which is based on household size)


Household Size 1-3 4 5 6+
Standard Deduction Amount 177 184 215 246

EBT Customer Service: 888-328-2666

For additional eligibility and benefit information, visit the State of Connecticut’s website: Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program – SNAP

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, religious creed, disability, age, political beliefs, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at: How to File a Complaint, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

(1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;

(2) fax: (202) 690-7442; or

(3) email:


This institution is an equal opportunity provider.

This project has been funded at least in part with Federal funds from the U.S. Department of Agriculture. The contents of this publication do not necessarily reflect the view or policies of the U.S. Department of Agriculture, nor does mention of trade names, commercial products, or organizations imply endorsement by the U.S. Government.